Monday, June 14, 2010

Punched in the Gut

Pete took Naomi to her vision screening today (something her birth to 3 program offers for free) He called me after, all I heard was #*&^@# . . . . SYNDROME *&$%$#@. Felt like I had been punched in the tummy or maybe the heart or somewhere in-between . . . no I think it was both!!!!



You see the last time I personally dealt with the word "Syndrome" I heard words like . . . heart defect, short in stature, not knowing you have it to being retarded (yes the word retarded was used many many times), hand wrinkles, facial features, learning disabilities, kidney defects, eye issues, failure to thrive and on and on and on and on . . . . you get it!!!! It was a very very very HARD time.

I thank God daily for this guy . . . he is PERFECTLY himself, PERFECTLY my boy




The first time around the Gut punch lasted for over a year this time only a couple hours. We still don't know exactly what it means. It is Duane's Syndrome and eye issue. But I know now that regardless this little munchkin is my daughter. PERFECTLY the way God made her. . . they both are

1 comment:

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

oh my...so sorry :( That is a terrible word to process. We have also been hearing the syndrome word. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way :)