Friday, September 20, 2013

Free Spirit

This girl makes me smile.  
This kindergarten thing is new for us, her and I.  


 It is required that I wait until she is in line and in her class before I am "allowed" to leave.

I am perfectly happy to oblige my girl.  It is a small price to pay and really it makes me happy to watch her skip walk in line with confidence and joy.

After school she runs and jumps into my arms then holds on like a monkey.  Oh how I savor it.

Once she get's down she says her good byes to all her new friends.  She is quite the social girl.

Today she got to celebrate her birthday with her class.  No parents, just classmates and teacher, no cupcakes but crown and sticker.  You know what?  She Loved every minute of it.  I can tell by her complete joy and excitement.  


If only I could learn to live with such joy over the simple things in life.


1 comment:

Cheri said...

We learn a lot through our children. I'm so glad she enjoyed her day!