Friday, September 26, 2014

What a day


This girl gave me the scare of my life.  .  . 

Backing up.

I picked this peanut up from school yesterday, she walked over with a glum look on her sweet little face then grabbed onto me and burst into tears.  "My tummy hurts"  she said through sobs.

We get home and do a little snuggle time.  She seems a little hot so a check her temp and its only 100 not biggie.  

Fast forward a couple hours I check temp again 100.

We decided it is move night.  Naomi is snuggled with her head on my lap.

Next thing I know she is having a SEIZURE!!  Holy crap!!!  I have never seen this.  I called  nine one one.  Get this, there was a message saying "due to high call volumes your call will be answered in the order it was received"  or something like that.  I actually checked my phone to make sure I had the right number. 

The rest of the night was a blur.  

4-5 engines infront of our house, my first ambulance ride, 104 temp, big sisters screaming in fear for her little sister, big brother stepping up to help and love.  

I went to DARK places, the darkest of places.

Hubby is out of town and let me tell you the village that we have is AMAZING!! Neighbors and family came to help and love on my kids.  I am so grateful.  

My girl is now sleeping in my bed . . . still keeping a close watch.  

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Oh so scary. Sounds like my niece who gets them at quick temperature changes. Hoping your cutie is well soon.

Loyola said...

OMG, the poor thing. Let me know if I
can help with anything. Hope it's all sorted out soon.

Anonymous said...

Hope you never go through that again. Scary.--heather