Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Joy

A little foster update.

We have done a few short term placements and a few respites.  The hubby has finally said ok to taking an "unknown" timeline placement. 

Last week I picked up this baby girl from the ER . . . Isn't she a doll!


 Processing the evening and the following day takes time and quite space.  

We (my sweet neighbor and I) got to the hospital a little after 6pm and got home around midnight.  Baby was OK they just had to check her out (drug exposure, injury etc).  We got home and bathed, fed, diapered, swaddled her and poured as much love as possible into her.  It was pretty beautiful to see it all unfold.

If I had to sum it up I would say for me this is heaven on earth.  I got so much JOY of of being the gap, her momma even for less than 24 hours.  

Waiting . . .  


No comments: