Thursday, August 13, 2009

"The Call" One Year Ago

It was August 13, 2008, about 7:15 in the morning. I had just woken up from a beautiful dream of Cherry Blossoms and blue sky. We had a referral of a sweet little 11 month old with a cleft lip. We got the pictures right away, her file came a couple hours later. I knew she was ours, our sweet daughter. We had waited for this call for so very long, my heart ached, my mind was crazed, we had been through so much. It was finally "right"

I love you sweet little ChuYu, I am forever grateful that you came into our lives.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Proud Parents of Halainah Grace said...

Happy referral day Naomi.

I know Amy...we certainly have so much in common with our beautiful Rao girls. I didn't know that we received our referrals on the exact same day either. It gives me chills that we were able to connect via the blog world. I still show Halainah Naomi's pictures..and she points to the screen and says "baby" and gets so excited. I would love one day to be able the reunite our daughters. That would be so wonderful.

Jenny F. said...

Wow...congratulations! She is a precious gift!