Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Year Ago - Beijing

Last year at this time my sister, dad and I were touring Beijing. I had anticipated this trip for years. It was all I imagined and lots more.





The silk factory, I can't wait to go back and buy a duvet cover. Beautiful!!



Jade factory . . . these ladies know how to sell. We ended up with a lovely bracelet. We have not taken them off since.

And the top of the Wall. What a beautiful sight.


Tea party. . . we met the pee pee boy What a laugh he was

We did so much in such a short time.

I remember often the wonderful oh so wonderful 90 minute foot massages, it was called a foot massage but it included back, hands, arms, legs and head. So good!!! and it was only $8

The yummy Peking Duck, what a great meal. The acrobat show, amazing. The shopping and bartering .

Walking just one more block (about 15 times) to get to the best mall that ended up one block the other direction. We saw so much in those 15 blocks, so much of China and the people the poverty .


The wonder of being in my daughters country . . . and the excitement and anticipation of knowing in just a few short days she would be in my arms.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

What lovely memories, huh?! I still haven't taken off my jade bracelet either!!! ;)

Jolene Powell said...

I can't believe it's been a year. We had just sent LOI two months prior and we watched your story with great anticipation, being another Faith family. I can't wait to go back to China someday.

Proud Parents of Halainah Grace said...

Wow, I can't believe that an entire year has passed. I remember as if it was yesterday meeting you on the yahoo boards and being so ecstatic that our daughters were from the same orphanage...our Rao girls. I thought about you your entire trip and ran to my computer every morning to see how you and Naomi were doing. I was so excited to get an e-mail from you in China to let me know that it was more than likely that our girls knew each other. Halainah still lights up when she see's Naomi's pictures!
PS...I haven't taken off my Jade bracelet either and I can't wait until Halainah fits in hers!