Wednesday, September 27, 2017

24hrs

It has been 24 hours since this photo was taken. 

We had said all sorts of goodbyes, the kids at the bus stop, neighbors, dogs, teacher, friends . . .

Not our goodbye, we never said goodbye.

The night before, her final night in her bedroom (she slept not in her bed but under the desk)  I held her and we cried, we cried and cried.  It was healthy grieving.  The best part is that she chose, she DID healthy grieving.  

All the arguing, know-it-all behavior and constant supervision melted away.  This girl healed and grew so much in our care.  I didn't know we could be that family for a kid.  

We did not say goodbye because her dad and girlfriend promise to let us still be part of their family.  It will look very different than her living with us.  

I love you sweet A!  




I am weepy.  The weirdest things make me cry.  I am doing my best to walk right through the pain, not around it. 

I am asked why we do this and all I can say other than we are crazy  . . . it is crazy faith.  This is exactly what we are "supposed" to be doing. 

No comments: