Saturday, September 26, 2009

Uh Oh!


Look at the shape of that mouth. She did it. . . the "O" shape and sound it finally came together. Naomi is a girl of very few words, let's see Mama, Dada, GeGe, and Blankie (although nobody would have a clue as to what she was saying) the problem is she has so much to say, she tries but it just does not work. She has some signs but not enough. You guessed it, lots of fits.

I have had the opportunity to hang out with some newish babies and witness (as I have forgotten) the baby babble. Well Naomi missed that, she had a pretty wide bilateral cleft until she was 8 months old. Now she has a cleft gum line and her upper lip is tight and who knows how well all the muscles work and the nerves and yadda yadda.

So this morning when she actually said "Uh Oh" we were so excited.

Zach and Thanie were so happy and proud of her. They were so sweet and encouraging (it made up for the fact that they argued all morning during their chores) I guess this is how they get us. They are HUGE turds and then do something so redeeming, it happens every time. This is how we don't hang them by their toes. O.K. I am now totally rambling, I'll stop

The "O" mouth


The proud face


I can't wait to go to speech on Wednesday to show her teacher.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jolene Powell said...

What most parents take for granted are our little victories! Congrats to Naomi!

Carrie said...

Hi! I found your blog from Stefanie's lastest post, so I thought I'd drop in and say hello! I also have two boys and a new daughter (also cleft affected) from China! Congrats to Naomi for her newest feat - that is an accomplishment for sure!! ;)

Ellen Hatton said...

Congratulations Naomi! what fun.
Ellen

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Your posts always warm my heart..she is just such a cutie..and I love the watering tomatoes post..and congratz on the O face..what an accomplishment....I bet your just melting:)