Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Do we stay? Do we go?





This is tough.

We moved into our little house in Seattle when Zach was 1. We promptly re-did the entire 1st floor, new pluming, electrical, ceilings, walls, paint, bathroom, new hardwood floors. Fast forward 3 years we added the second floor then a new kitchen. When I say we, that means Pete and I with lots of help from family, we hired a couple things out but this is true sweat equity. We are attached. Although it is just a house.

It is just a house but. . . We live within minutes of both of our parents, and our core group of friends. We have a huge support system within 15 minutes of us. Not to mention doctors and neighbors my great new church and on and on. The areas that we have looked would move us about 20 minutes north (that is 20 minutes with NO traffic)

If you remember I lost my job about 6 months ago and the economy has drastically effected Pete's pay. I have had a taste of being a stay-at-home mom and honestly it is a dream come true. It is HARD much harder than going to work but it is where I want/need to be.

Are we headed to the suburbs??? Maybe so. Time and lots of prayer will tell.

We have looked in Richmond Beach and Mill Creek, if any of you out there live in those areas I would love to hear your thoughts.

2 comments:

Jolene Powell said...

I guess I don't understand why you want to move. Your house is so cute! Is it too small for your family, or are you wanting a lower payment? You are right, prayer will help, and you'll be in mine!

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

We use to live in Bothell, love it there! They have one of the best school districts in the country. North Shore... we left because I wanted to be a stay at home mom and housing was less expensive South... but I still miss Bothell, which is just a stones' throw to Mill Creek.