Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rambling . . . bottles, ear tubes and being a mom


The last couple days have been kind of blah around here. Nothing is wrong but things just are not going smoothly, Kids are not listening and are sassy. Today I took a few extra minutes to hold and snuggle each of my kids. They needed it, so did I. Each of them at different odd moments today just fell into my arms, they just needed me to reach out. A reminder to me to slow down and try and live each moment.

Naomi loves to be heard, who doesn't? Her screaming is starting to get to me. I am trying to give her as many signs as possible but sheesh . . . this girl needs to STOP the screaming. We will keeping working on it. Like all fazes . . . this too will pass.

We have been using the Playtex nursers (awesome for traveling in China) but I needed to get more of the drop in liners. So instead of getting those I decided to get glass bottles. No BPA issues and easier to warm the milk. We are just about done with formula, never used formula for the boys . . . that stuff is expensive. We are doing a morning and night bottle. I figure we will do the nighttime bottle for as long as she needs, it is such good bonding time. We snuggle and sing. Her eyes are so dark, very different from the blue eyes of my boys. I know I say this all the time . . . We absolutely LOVE having Naomi home, all of us really enjoy her. She is so LOVED.

I think it is time for another set of ear tubes for Zach. Poor thing is pretty much deaf. Probably why he has been such a crab lately, frustrating for him. Today Pete heard something on NPR about kids and anesthetic. . . kids with multiple procedures that require anesthetic seem to have learning disabilities. Of course it is one of the first studies so nothing concrete. Like I need one more thing to worry about. This will be his 3rd set of tubes. So there is also the worry about scar tissue and permanent hearing loss. But the poor thing is walking around in a fog.

Yes, I do love being a mom. These kids bring so much to my life . . . joy, pride, frustration, love, exhaustion, patients, so much love that only a mother knows.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: