Saturday, November 15, 2008

Maternity Leave

Yesterday was my last day at work for 12 weeks. Friends from work took me to lunch. One of the ladies at lunch has 2 China babies (her first was the one who planted the seed in me for adoption) She told us all about her travels, she went to Nanchang for her second which is the same place we will be getting our baby I love to hear her stories, I could talk about China and adoption all day. I really enjoyed lunch A big thanks to T, B, A and A.

It is really different going on leave without being pregnant, to some people it was a surprise so I got to tell them all about our new daughter, which goes back to getting to talk about adoption all day . . . what a great day!!

Things at home have been a bit stressful this last week trying to put the last couple $$$ together for the Adoption, but last night we decided to use a gift certificate and go out to dinner. We enjoyed and celebrated. YEA!!! I have been walking on cloud 9 . . . a great place to be.


4 DAYS AND WE ARE OFF

2 comments:

Jean said...

Hi Amy!
Congratulation! We will be in China at the same time! Hopefully we will meet you in Guangzhou!
Blessings!
Jean
Adopting an 8 yr old- Sarah Grace/ Ming Ming

Proud Parents of Halainah Grace said...

Hi Amy,
I am excited beyond words for you. I can only imagine how stressed out you are. I am stressed and I have at least 8 weeks to go. I have chills thinking about Gotcha Day with your beautiful daughter. I can't wait to follow your journey while in China.
I wonder if our daughters are playing together right now :)
Best of luck,
Deanna - NJ