Thursday, November 20, 2008

We made it!!!

We are here in Beijing. We made it to our hotel just fine (we had a driver and guide). Decided we would go out for a walk and clearly crossed the line, we were immediately bombarded with Chinese "walking" street vender's 2 women followed us for about a block saying "hello, hello you buy 4 or 5) we decided to turn around and go back were we came from once we crossed back over the line we were safe, few! Dinner was next, very hard to order, we should have found our guide be thought we could do it on our own. We ended up with 3 very small bowls of soup that took about an hour to get to the table. We almost fell asleep at the table, we had all been up for about 24 hours (very little sleep on the plane).

Tomorrow we are going to the Olympic parks and Tiananmen square and the Forbidden city. Hope to have pictures and a clear head.

All in all things are going well, Only a few more days until I have my baby in my arms. It feels good to be in China.

Z and N I love you very much. P you too.

I am going to try and get some sleep now.

1 comment:

Proud Parents of Halainah Grace said...

Hi Amy,
Whooooo Hooooo. You made it! I am so excited and anxious for you. You are so close and it's only a matter of days until you hold your sweet, most adorable daughter. I'm counting down the days until Gotcha Day with you.

Deanna - NJ